7.49 Real Street Rules
Winner $400 + Trophy
Runner up $120
Entry fee $40 Car & Driver
Race Procedure notes:
1. 7.49 Index all run qualified field
2. 1 Qualifying Round (You do not have to make
a qualifying attempt to race but you have to
notify the tower before the ladder is made,
cars breaking before qualifying can be added
to the bottom of the sheet if they notify the
race director before the ladder is made)
3. 5 tenths Pro Tree start, (No Deep Staging,
Deep Staging will result in an automatic Red
4. Courtesy staging will not be enforced.
5. Ladder will be a sportsman ladder (i.e.
1vs5, 2vs6, 3vs7, 4vs8)
6. 1st Round lane choice by higher qualified
competitor, all other lane choices will be by
coin flip in the following rounds.
7. In the event of a computer malfunction so
that pairing cannot be completed, closest to
the index will be the #1 qualifier and will
get the first round by if there is one.
Pairing will be in the staging lanes each
round and closest to the index will get the
available bye if there is one.
8. In the event of rain or suspension of the
race, completion of two full rounds will be
considered a completed race. Entry points,
qualifying bonus points, and round points will
be awarded. All prize money will be split
among drivers still in the race. If only the
final is left it can be completed at another
event if agreed upon by both drivers in the
finals and points awarded accordingly.
1. All NHRA safety rules apply for cars
running 7.49 and slower
2. Full bodied cars only. No roadsters or any
center steered vehicles.
3. Recommend working Headlights
4. Working Tail Lights
5. No Trans-brakes, No Delay Boxes, No
Electronic or Air Throttle Stops
6. Seat Belts & Helmets Required
7. Slicks Ok (must have a drive shaft loop)
5 entry points
(One 5 point voucher can be used if you miss a
race, must notify Piedmont Dragway of use of
the voucher no later than 4 days after the
missed event, and 3 days before the last event
of the season)
A Competitor running all the races without
using a voucher will be awarded 1 bonus point
if they run all the races during the season
1 point per round won
1 bonus point Top Qualifier
2 bonus points to winner of the race
Year End Bonus
1st $500 + Jacket/Trophy
2nd $300 + Trophy
3rd $200 + Trophy
4th $100 + Trophy
5th $50 + Trophy
Championship Tiebreaker Best 2 of 3 run-off,
all other Tie Breakers will be as follows:
Most Wins, Runner-ups, Semi-Finals, and Best
season qualifying average.
If the race is not completed by two full
rounds a rain check for the next race will be
½ refund of car & driver if you make one time
run on the track.
Full refund minus gate entry if you break
before making any runs.